Sunday, September 4, 2011

Did you ever read This is Not Pitchfork?

Well, that up above is not a Pitchfork. It's a strange Russian tractor. But This is Not Pitchfork is a pretty fun page where a woman with far better writing skills than me goes through her record collection. Unfortunately, she stopped and went to Tumblr in 2009 or so, so there isn't much new stuff. But she's exactly my age, from the US and from the north. Granted, she's from a big city and I'm here in Cleveland (or close enough), but I like the way she reviews her records. You may not get any idea what the record is all about, and I like that. I mean, if I decide to review Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, I may hardly mention the music at all. Why should I? They still play every song on it on oldies radio all the time. Everyone is familiar with it. But it's interesting to get a different take on it, like what was happening when it was popular. It's interesting to me, anyway.

So if you get time (and really, if you're reading my blog you've apparently got plenty of time), check it out. I'm mildly inspired by it. Hell, someone should take its place, and I'm someone.


4 comments:

  1. 2k, why didn't you tell me about this place? I missed your old blog! I should have this blog added and advertised shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I guess I was waiting until I was sure I'd have some stick-to-itness. And enough for someone to read to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so today I was excited to see a new post at This Is Not Pitchfork. But sadly, it's changed to a blog currently with one post and comments disabled. So I'll be taking it off my blogroll, but it still influenced me to get around to doing this more than most other things. I'll miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright! I found the original site. It's a little different, but it's got the reviews I liked. So I'll refresh my link and add it back in.

    ReplyDelete